The Rhode Island Board of Education and the Rhode Island Department of Education are thrilled to launch Rhode Island’s PK-12 strategic planning process, which will result in a statewide vision for education through 2020. The Rhode Island Council on Elementary and Secondary Education wants your input to direct our state's Strategic Plan for Education for the next five years. Click on the link below to take part in the survey.
- Students wanting to purchase lunch, but not having the money to do so will be allowed to charge it with repayment within 2 school days.
- Once a student has charged a total of $10 and no payment has been received, that student will receive a lunch consisting of a cheese sandwich, fruit, and milk in place of a hot lunch. Please understand that this meal maintains the USDA standards surrounding reimbursable meals and will be charged at full price to the student's account.
- If you have reached a balance of more than $10, you will receive notification of the negative balance and will have 10 days upon receiving the notification to pay or make arrangements to pay the outstanding balance. Student accounts with balances higher than $20 for which payment arrangements have NOT been made will no longer be able to charge meals until which time payment arrangements are made and/or account is paid in full to the Westerly School District.
- We understand that situations change and we strongly encourage you to submit a free/reduced hot lunch application at any time the need may arise if you have not already done so at the start of the year.
- If you do not wish to have your child charge a lunch at any time, please fill out the form that will be coming home in your child's backpack and return to school as soon as possible.
Upon entering the building, visitors will check in with the main office where you will be asked to provide a photo ID (driver's license, state issued ID, or passport) that will be scanned into the system to be checked against sex offender databases from all 50 states.
Raptor will then print a visitor badge with a photo, location of visit, and the date/time. We are able to keep track of who is in the building at all times. Prior to exiting the building, you will be required to return your badge to the main office and we will sign you out. You will only have to provide your photo ID one time to scan. On any subsequent visits, we will be able to pull your information using only your name and then a badge can be printed.
Staff will be on hand during our open house on October 1st to scan identifications into the system to streamline the process for visitors and volunteers when checking into the building during school.
Thank you for your cooperation as we ease into this new procedure for the safety of your children.
Check out State Street School's Buddy Bench - a special spot for students to sit at recess, letting their classmates know they are in need of a friend!
Check out what's happening at State Street School on our Parent Liaison page. Click here to also view current events, as well as other important information!
Welcome to State Street School!
Click here to view the 2015-2016 Student Handbook and learn some important information about our school!